The following instructions will guide you to delete your browser history. It is recommended to do this if you are on a computer that you feel might be monitored.
If you are using Internet Explorer 9 or greater.
Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button , point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. If you don’t want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box.
Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
If you are using Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the “Clear browsing history” checkbox.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select beginning of time to clear your entire browsing history.
- Click Clear browsing data.
If you are using Mozzila Firefox
- Click the menu button , choose , and then .
- Select how much history you want to clear:
- Click the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear to choose how much of your history Firefox will clear.
- Next, click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared. Your choices are described in the What things are included in my history? section above.
- Finally, click the button. The window will close and the items you’ve selected will be cleared.